Sales funnel helps an organization visualize their customer’s journey before and after-sales. There is a lot of free sales funnel templates available for entrepreneurs looking for help to define their sales funnel stages. You can download our sales funnel template, customize and start using within your organization. Alternatively, you can create sales funnel within our CRM too.
What are the sales funnel?
Every customer you have with you has gone through a sales journey right from the initial contact to the moment they purchased your product and services. The sales funnel is a visual representation of the voyage. It is a well thought out strategy divided into stages. The graphic representation has the initial stage of the widest. It is the stage where some form of contact has been established or is in the process of being created. During this juncture in a sales funnel, your company is creating awareness.
Sales funnel stages
The sales funnel is also referred to as marketing funnel or revenue funnel. A sales funnel can be overly simple to a very complex one depending on the industry. A basic sales funnel template has five-stages:
1) Awareness: In the awareness stage of the sales funnel, the prospect learns about your brand. At this point, the potential client is becoming aware of the brand, the product, and the services. The prospect is still learning about the solution and the value. During this stage, the client has minimal trust in you because they are getting acquainted with your brand. The “awareness” stage of the sales funnel is where the prospects are interacting with your marketing campaign such as social media posts, email marketing, blogs, etc. The “awareness” stage has the widest funnel in the sales funnel.
2) Convert: The second primary stage of sales funnel is the “convert.” In this phase, the number of leads compared to the “awareness” stage is less as they have moved refined and moved into the ones who are interested in the brand. The trust level will be a bit high compared to the “awareness” stage of the sales funnel. The focus now is to have them share their contact information, at the very least an email address, to establish ongoing communication and engage them. One of the best ways to get their email addresses is by offering them value in exchange for of their contact information.
3) Decision: The “decision” part of the sales funnel is when a customer is familiar with your brand. There is a good rapport. At this point, the lead is in a decision-making process. The potential buyer will compare your product to that of the competitor and see if your solution is the right fit or is there a better option out there. Based on the feature, price, etc. the potential may buy from you or the competitor. You will need to give them an irresistible offer. The number of potential buyers will decrease compared to the second stage.
4) Action: A significant part of the sales funnel is the “action.” In this final phase of the funnel, only those fit in who have purchased the product from you. These guys are your customers.
5) Delight: In this stage of the sales funnel, the client is now an active subscriber. The client is happy with the product and after-sales and service. He recommends your product to others for someone looking for a similar solution.
Go Win Rai is the owner and founder of Crazy Media Design. He loves the infinite possibility in digital space and how it can make small fish look like a shark. He has spent years in learning and honing his digital marketing knowledge. His goal is now to make small businesses grow from zero to a superhero brand.