To start a business, you need an initial investment. Nowadays, the first stage of opening a business is to have a website. A right site is the one which is capable of converting the visitors into the qualified leads. If you have never done digital marketing before it will take a lot of time to learn and implement. In any case, if you are a startup who is bootstrapping there are things you can do to bring down the cost.
A firm has to dedicate a portion of its budget in marketing. The website is one of the backbones of digital marketing.
A lot of research goes into creating a website. It includes creating buyer person. The web design companies will create your website based on the target audience to whom you will cater. For, eg, Are the ones who will be using your product male or female or both? What is the age group? What niche is it? Based on the information, a lot of components need to be customized, which include color, fonts, layout, words, and more.
Things you can play around to bring down the cost of building a website
The price of building a website can vary upon your requirements; however, other things influence the pricing too.
1) Team: Just like experienced employees cost more, so does hiring a company with experience will. An experienced agency will have web design veterans, knows best practices and best tools to deliver a quality result. If you hire a freelancer, you are more likely to get an affordable rate.
2) Location: By location, I mean, where is the web designing team based. A team in North America and Europe they are going to cost you more, however, the ones located offshore you are likely to get quotes up to 50% less. If you hire the right agency, you can get a quality similar to the ones onshore.
3) Content: If the agency is going to write the content for you, they are going to charge you for it. The prices will quickly go up. You can either write the content by yourself, use the freelancing website to hire content writers or hire an offshore agency for it.
Based on your situation and goals, these are the four factors you can play around with when it comes to bargaining the prices.
Factors that increase the cost.
1) Features of your website: A simple five-page website will cost you in within $1000. If someone is charging you astronomical prices, the best bet is to find other web designing agencies who can build it for you within the range specified. However, there is a drawback. When you create a five-page website, you are just burning your money. It’s a car without an engine. You cannot expect any returns. It is essential to build a website which allows you to blog. CMS, like WordPress, is a perfect option and affordable. If you are making a website with the complex function, it is going to take more time to build, which ends up adding more to your bill.
2) Hosting: You can purchase hosting by yourself and the domain which is going to bring down your cost. If the agency does it for you, it may cost you more. In the latter scenario, the agency is likely to be accountable for the smooth functioning of your website, which we highly recommend; however, if you are on a budget you don’t need to.
3) Security: All sites are vulnerable to attacks and hacking. None are safe. You will need an additional provider, in simple word antivirus for your website to stop them. With it, you are looking at a monthly subscription.
Various features can have an impact on pricing. You will need to assess your situation and speak with a web design consultant who can give you a customized solution.